Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Genex-Online - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Genex-Online > Topics

Subject: 6TH SERIES OF H.F.T.R
Replies: 0 Views: 1213

geminixx 11.10.08 - 12:09pm
Honey From The Rock published a new entry entitled ABIDE IN ME written by Victor Knowles.
------------------------------------
ABIDE IN ME

FONT size=4STRONGAbide in Me... /STRONG(John 15:4). Millions of words have been written as commentary on these three words: Abide in Me. The word abide appears 8 times in the text: v. 4 (3x), v. 5, v. 6, v. 7 (2x), v. 10. A similar word (continue) is found in v. 9 and remain is seen in verses 11 and 16. So, what does it mean to abide in Christ? I like EMThe Message/EM here: Make your home in me. The living Christ (remember, He is the living Vine) wants us to live with Him, to make our home with Him. Dwell in Me is the rendering of the New English Bible. Alexander Cruden gives us 7 definitions of this word abide.BRBR1. To stay (see Gen. 22:5)BR2. To dwell/live in a placeBR3. To bear/endureBR4. To continueBR5. To wait forBR6. To restBR7. To stand firmBRBRAlbert Barnes says, Remain united to Me by a living faith...Live a life of dependence upon Me, obey My commands, imitate My example, constantly exercise faith in Me. Here is the bottom line: STRONGIf we abide in faithfulness, we will abound in fruitfulness. /STRONGThe branch that does not abide in the Vine cannot possibly hope to be a fruitful branch. But note too that we must abide IN Christ. God puts us IN Christ. In a parallel passage, Paul says that we were grafted in (Rom. 11:17). This is how were placed in the Vine. Andrew Murray notes, When a new graft is placed in a vine...there is a two-fold process that takes place. The first is in the wood. The graft shoots its little roots and fibers down into the stem, and the stem grows up into the graft, and...union is effected. The graft abides and becomes one with the vine. Then there is a second process, in which the sap of the vine enters the new structure, and uses it as a passage through which sap can flow up to show itself in the new shoots and leaves and fruit. Here is the vital union.BRBREverything we need for life and godliness is IN Christ. God placed us IN Christ. He invites us to abide IN Him. A good branch will. A bad branch won't. Abide in Christ. Dwell in Him. Make your home with Him. Stay with Him. Remain in Him. Rest in Him. Make Christ your Home, Sweet Home. We cannot abound in fruitfulness if we do not abide in faithfulness.BRBRPoem:BREMDost thou ask how I abide/EM?BR  EMHow this life I can maintain?BRI am bound to the Vine by life's strong band,BR  And I only need remain/EM.BR                                    (Freda Hanbury) /FONT

Permalink: http://honeyfromtherock.poeministries.org/2008/10/02/abide-in-me.aspx HONEYFROMTHEROCK.POEMINISTRIES.ORG/2008/10/02/abide-in-me.aspx

--
VICTOR KNOWELS

* Genex-Online Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Genex-Online

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits