Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Genex-Online - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Genex-Online > Topics

Subject: H.F.T.R SERIES 5
Replies: 0 Views: 1377

geminixx 10.10.08 - 02:00pm
Honey From The Rock published a new entry entitled TWO KINDS OF BRANCHES on 9/24/2008 2:27:56 PM, written by Victor Knowles.
------------------------------------
TWO KINDS OF BRANCHES

FONT size=4He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes... (John 15:2 NIV).BRBRTwo kinds of branches are introduced to us in today's text. The STRONGbarren branch /STRONGand the STRONGbearing branch/STRONG. One produces fruit. The other becomes fuel for the fire (see v. 6). The purpose of being a branch is to bear fruit. Branches that produce fruit glorify the Father (v. 8). Branches that are barren and do not produce fruit are cut off. By whom? By the gardener. God. Back up to verse 1 with me. My Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit. This is not a matter of church discipline. This is a matter of divine discipline. And do not contend that the branch was not really a branch. The text clearly states: He cuts off every branch EMin me /EMthat bears no fruit. Who is talking here? Jesus. Every branch EMin Him /EMthat does not bear fruit is cut off. The New Testament: An Understandable Version reads, He will cut off (see verse 6) every branch [i.e., follower of Christ] who is in [fellowship with] me that does not bear fruit...BRBRWhich kind of branch are you? A STRONGfruitful branch /STRONGor a STRONGfruitless branch/STRONG? Do we produce fruit for the Father or will we become fuel for the fire? The fruitful branch, as we shall soon see, is pruned so that it will produce more fruit. The fruitless branch is cut off, gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned (v. 6). One branch is cut back, the other is cut off. Paul uses the an*logy of the olive tree in Romans 11:ff. He said that branches were broken off because of their unbelief (Rom. 11:19,20). A branch lives only as it abides in organic union with the vine (Christ). Anyone who chooses not to abide in Christ is in danger of being cut off.   BRBRPrayer: Father, thank You for grafting us into the Vine. Empower us to abide in Christ, humbly accept Your pruning - even when it is painful - that we might bear much fruit for You. Through Christ we pray./FONT

Permalink: http://honeyfromtherock.poeministries.org/2008/09/29/two-kinds-of-branches.aspx HONEYFROMTHEROCK.POEMINISTRIES.ORG/2008/09/29/two-kinds-of-branches.aspx

--
reiner-jay

* Genex-Online Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Genex-Online

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits